misty windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, one of my front bay windows has misted over quite badly, I was wondering if there is any way of opening up the window and cleaning up the inside, had one guy who said can\\\'t be done and give me a big quote for a new one, and another who said it can be done but its a big job and would cost me £75, didn\\\'t believe any of \\\'em, so I was wondering if you could help, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
its misted because the sealant to the double glazing has become damaged and has let water vapour in. in other words its knackered and needs replacing, and would be the cheapest option as well

thanks for the quick reply thermo, but still, i'm skint at the moment, and cant afford to buy a new window, is there some way of splitting the glazed unit apart and cleaning it, thanks.

My approach (not much I do is conventional) is split them and just put one pane back. That way you can clean both sides :D (That'll stuff Prescott)

Sponsored Links
Getting the mastic off the glass will be a very difficult job. You will probably decide to fork out for a new unit before you finish the job. Sadly, stuffing Prescott and replacing with single glazing are both illegal actions. :)

lol, thanks for the advice

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back