Mixed Radiators and Combi Boiler??!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All... Its been a while....
Firstly apologies if this is elsewhere but I cannot find it...
I have a Alpha Combi CD35C boiler and 4 modern radiators, 1 towel rail and an old skool 1 column radiator in my house. I have found the the modern ones loose heat very quickly and towel rail & column maintain their heat. I cant work out if this is good or bad for radiation??!!! Also the modern rads have TRVs except the main one in room with room thermostat/CU.
So I guess my question is how do I set it up so all rads remain warm-hot :eek:
Also are TRV a good or bad idea on that boiler....
Thank you all in advance

Sponsored Links
TRV are simply a methoid of controlling the heat in each room while having the heating on for colder rooms. if you close the other valve opposite the TRV on each rad and as you close them, count how many turns it takes on each one to close fully. then open up each one by half the abmmount of turns it took to close. this will restrict the flow rate through the rads. turn all your TRVS to Max and open the rad valve without a TRV full. once your heating is up and toastie check the rads, if too warm turn down valve one turn, if too cold turn up one turn. a bit of playing around should get all rads equal.

What the handyman is trying to say is that you need to balance your system, and the info on how to do this is in the FAQs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back