Mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My parents have a mixer shower and when the lever is set to hot the water temp is only 30 degrees. I've checked the water out of the tap and that is around 58 degrees, this is from a combi boiler. How do I get the shower to run hotter? is there something inside the mixer that I need to adjust, I cant see a make on the mixer itself.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
On mine, you can alter the range over which the temp control knob rotates. In winter I have it turned so max and min temps are at the upper end of the range; in summer I have it at the other extreme, so I can get a cool shower.

Until I took off the control knob (via a single screw under the name badge) I had assumed it'd some complex mechanism controlling the range. Turned out to be simly where the notche on the plastic knob housing are located relative to on and off.

Doubt that makes sense, but it may be that your is a simple fix too.

Of course, it might need a new cartidge......It'd help to have a pic, so a plumber could help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back