Mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've read some comments about low pressure from Combi Boilers to mixer showers but from my quick look & read it seems I have the opposite problem- when I turn the Cold water up the pressure goes down & unlike any Woman I've ever known I don't like it as hot as the Center of the Sun!!! LOL. Joking aside it's ok but Hot enough to make me not enjoy my Shower & I'm forever fiddling with the temperature-my partner needless to say stated it's fine for her & loves it!!!

Why does the pressure go down when Cold water added? It's a Triton Mixer show, I thought these would be 'better' than the Electric showers I've always had & never had trouble with & I've always installed them!!! I like the Mixer showers as there isn't much too them, just the Bar & Shower head!

Thanks for any help that you may send my way.

Sponsored Links
When you open up the cold supply it will take priorty over the hot supply because the cold feed is taken from it before it reaches the combi (where it will be restricted anyway).

It's not always this noticable though; I would have a look at your mains stop tap making sure that it's works and that it's fully open.

Take it from me the perfect shower does not exist!
Happy showering :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back