MK Logic plus socket terminal screws, where to get?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for terminal screws for MK logic plus double switched wall sockets.
Had a fairly extensive look online and cannot find them.
Have even phoned MK and they say they are not available.
They are a screw; of course they are available.
Screw measures approx m4.5 and is 9mm long.
Anyone know where to get?

ps not after the face plate screws that attach the socket to the back box
screw.jpg
socket.jpg

Attachments

• 61VpzrfWCfL._SL1500_.jpg
    61VpzrfWCfL._SL1500_.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 353
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yep. Apparently it's one of the only occasions you find a BA screw thread in America. (I'm no first hand expert on this, I googled 2BA)

How many do you require?

Presumably you have some sockets with damaged/missing screws.

Might have some old condemned MK sockets you can rescue the screws from.

If the head of the screw is damaged, sometimes they can be neatened up with a hacksaw and a file.

Indeed, I just took one out, they mangle the end of the screw so it can stay backed out in the packaging without falling out. It isn't 2BA which is too big and has a different thread pitch, but it is bigger than 4BA. It didn't match any of my standard metric dies, but was very close to M5, and the thread pitch was very close to 0.75 if anyone can identify it from that?!

Here it is between a 2BA and a 4BA screw.
echo screw.jpg

What am I doing with my life?!!

In the past i have found the screws to turn and turn without starting to tighten, giving the impression there sheared off, even took them back as faulty, only to find occasionally you need to push on them a bit to start them, then they engage and tighten.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back