Mobile SIM cards.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,ve just got myself a Sony Xperia as an upgrade from Virgin Media, the idea was to take the SIM out of my old Nokia and put it in my new Sony, obviously so I can keep my number. Problem is, the Sony uses a Nano SIM which look much smaller, so, how do I go about getting a Nano SIM and transferring my numbers?

Sponsored Links
I would imagine that Virgin like other providers would provide an all in one sim like this tesco one:

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolo, you are correct of course, but, my SIM has come from a phone that is just a little bit to old to have the cut out version in your pic. I'm going to ask my provider Virgin for another SIM, failing that I will order a SIM cutter and cut it down to size.

Sponsored Links
Bolo, you are correct of course, but, my SIM has come from a phone that is just a little bit to old to have the cut out version in your pic. I'm going to ask my provider Virgin for another SIM, failing that I will order a SIM cutter and cut it down to size.

My wife's new phone, the Vodafone smart ultra 6 also takes the nano card and just after replying to your post, I simply pressed out the centre of the card, the small nano card bit and popped it into her phone.

I think there's such a thing as a sim card reader where you can transfer data onto your computer, then back again onto a new phone.

Sponsored Links
Back