Moles

Sponsored Links
The scissor mole traps work, but the most effective method I've found is sticking a hosepipe down the run.

I've lived in my place for 25 years and used to have a lot of mole problems. About 15 years ago I got some caper spurge (mole plants) and planted them in the mole runs. And had'nt had a mole problem till yesterday, most of the caper spurge is dead and the moles are back. :evil:

Sorry my sense of humour..........

The jasper carrott method of sitting on a revolving stool with a torch strapped to the end of your shot gun !
:D
Not much help am i :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Might try the gun idea with my rat gun as traps haven't worked and it even went under a humane trap and pushed it up out of the way.Caddyshack springs to mind and i can do a good Bill Murry after a couple of slurps.

As soon as you start messing with the moles tunnels the mole knows and will come along soon after to repair the damage. An area the size of a football pitch can sustain three moles. Be patient, keep trying, and follow some of the advice in the link I posted previously.

Stuck a hose down the run for a few hours and the next day found a dead mole on the lawn, wonder why it came up to the surface to die?

One down, one to go :evil:

Had mole, tried everything last year, traps, sonic mole detterent wotsits were useless they/it knocked one over, creosote rags, mothballs, you could see where they/it just tunned round . BUT a farmer told me JEYES FLUID The first attemt I sort of put too much fluid in bucket and killed all the grass 1sq m :oops: Then I diluted about two capfulls in 2 gall water, opend up the mound to expose tunnels and poured down. Never had any more since. but next door have :LOL:

good luck..

Thanks for the Jeyes Fluid tip and couldn't care less about next door so that will be my next job tomorrow and if it works i might just manage a smile just to be polite as it came from there.

:LOL:

Would be interesting to hear if it worked for you too..

good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back