mondeo tdci

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a mondeo 53 ghia tdci 130 bhp.The problem i have is that when you pull off from stand still the car seems to hesitate for a fraction then picks up,when it does pick up it smokes black smoke from exhaust.Also if you are in traffic and pull away in 2nd it smokes.The car has only done 13,000 miles but is due a service next month,any ideas?the warranty runs out in jan so if it is something major can get it done on warranty thanks

Sponsored Links
EGR valve may be your problem, you can disable/block it to test and see if same result.

Al

thanks for the reply is this a job i can do or do i need a mechanic i just dont want to go to fords main dealer blind and them rip me off thanks for the quick reply peter

Sponsored Links
hows the clutch on the mondeo, my boss has the ghia x (I think) and **** me the clutch is rapid it seems like just move it a few millimeters and it bites!

hi al-glasgow you was spot on about this valve it took fords just under a week to find but they did it eventualy.They even tried to charge me £100 for the valve even though under warranty once again thanks peter . :p :p the clutch is very sharp on this car

peter the plumber said:
hi al-glasgow you was spot on about this valve it took fords just under a week to find but they did it eventualy.They even tried to charge me £100 for the valve even though under warranty once again thanks peter . :p :p the clutch is very sharp on this car

Great news, Cheers

yup thought so, nice cars but the clutch wow! apparently its a fault on the TDCI - not sure if thats my boss trying to blag the fact that he stalls it nearly every day.

:D

My car does EXACTLY the as "peter the plumber" described and I can't seem to solve the problem. I'm guesing that the EGR is faulty.
How did you solve the problem? just replaced the EGR? did yours have also a 3 wires connector?

Sponsored Links
Back