Mondeo TDCi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me what is the problem when the heater plug light flashes. When the engine starts it's running rough.[/list]

Sponsored Links
try to get the fault codes read,it can be any number of things from a dodgy sensor to an injector problem and is hard to guess at

what year mondeo is it? A friend of mine has been having problems with his car, glow plug light on then started cutting out at random when driving. His has been into ford and they think they have finally sorted the problem after having, new injectors, con rod (one was bent but would still run), fuel rail, connection to fuel rail, new ENGINE and now it turns out the hard casings inside the engine are breaking up which could lead to new injectors,conrods etc all over again on the new engine. This has amounted to thousands in repairs but its a company car under warranty so at least he has not had to pay for them.

Yours could be as simple as a duff glow plug though, is it hard to start in the morning?

Sorry that I havn't replied for a while, Just had a quote from a garage for £500 for 1 injector and 4 heater plugs also they put the car on the diagnostic machine twice. Is this a fair price.
regards johnwr

Sponsored Links
hard to say but i know they are a bit of a nightmare when they go wrong,someone i know had to replace the fuel pump recently and it weighed in at £550 just for the pump

not sure aboiut the price. I've been out themotor trade for a while. it seems a little steep to me, but depends on the cost of the injector. see if you can price an injector from a diesel part supplier (or ford) and guage the price on that. The injector itself could be pricey. (The glow plugs are pretty cheap.)

Obviosly this doesn't help, but I'd stay away from ford diesels now adays. used to be fine, but not the new fancy engines have far too much to go wrong. Same with peugeots & citreons. Try a japanese or german car next time...!

Hi where do you guys go for you info on tdci parts ,yes you can pay £250 for an injector. i payed £500 for a set of four from carwoods and £350 for a pump all plus the vat :evil: and the rear pump costs £ 400 from fords . ebay £100 new it pays to look around on the net i did and saved ovre £1000 :LOL: My local garage charged £195 labour so sort and fit the lot :cool: total bill with all the bits needed was £1031.00 and fords wanted £2300 to do it hu,,,

Sponsored Links
Back