More bosch power

Sponsored Links
i dont go for gimmicks in general :D
but like the idea off locating and deactivating a lost or stolen battery

Now correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Bluetooth go a very limited range like 10m or so, so if the person you've loaned a battery to has left the area how the he'll to you diactivate the battery, nice idea though

Sponsored Links
Now correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Bluetooth go a very limited range like 10m or so, so if the person you've loaned a battery to has left the area how the he'll to you diactivate the battery, nice idea though

havent got a clue
bluetooth is what happens to "goldies" teeth if they are copper based and not cleaned :rolleyes::D

Well the new batteries have arrived today and I have charged it and stuck it in my angle grinder, Wow you can feel the difference.
I will post an update when I have used it at work.

Well I have used these batteries on a few jobs now and I am quite impressed
with them so far.

The dewalt batteries lock themselves when they go out of range of the phone they are linked to, but I suspect they'll still get stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dewalt batteries lock themselves when they go out of range of the phone they are linked to, but I suspect they'll still stolen.
So someone nicks your phone and all your batteries stop working. Hmm, progress eh?

Wow, hadn't thought of that part. Well spotted. I'll ask the dewalt rep next time I see him.

From what I've gathered you don't disable them but when the controller (your phone) is out of bluetooth range, the battery disables itself, rendering it useless to any would be thief. Unless you don't use the bluetooth features at all and it won't make a difference. Milwaukee have a similar set up with their tools but not quite the same. I've also heard rumors that the newer Makita batteries have technology already in them to make them compatible with either bluetooth or NFC and there is an app on the android playstore to control it but a second device is needed. Not sure about that just yet.

As for Bosch, they're finally on a similar level to what the majority of manufacturers were on in 2015.

Well that makes more sense but I wonder if a thief would realise the fact the battery has been locked out rather than think it's just flat or a duffer and install the app, pair them up and reactivate, I wonder if there's some sort of pass key they'd need to enter on their phone that matches one stored one in the battery when it was paired for the first time, that's if there is such a system

Well that makes more sense but I wonder if a thief would realise the fact the battery has been locked out rather than think it's just flat or a duffer and install the app, pair them up and reactivate, I wonder if there's some sort of pass key they'd need to enter on their phone that matches one stored one in the battery when it was paired for the first time, that's if there is such a system

There will be either a MAC address pairing or some sort of auth code so this can't be bypassed but in reality, either way, you're a battery down in this scenario.

True but even without bluetooth you'd still be a battery down, at least this way the scroat isn't a battery up, £100+ for a 5Ah though........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back