morning . Simple floor tiling question .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning lads. (and ladies )

Floor tiles.
Around the edges would you tile down onto the floor or finish the walls and then floor tile up to the edge ?

Not a wet room or anything. Just your normal bathroom and i've done all the shower area so thats not an issue >

Thanks

Sponsored Links
floor first, then tile down to the floor tiles.

I think.

Sponsored Links
I can't picture what's been done. If there isn't a full tile at the bottom of the walls, and he's started laying on top of a batten, he might be able to still tile the floor then finish the bottom row of wall tiles.

I've only done just the shower tray . ie shpwer tray in then tiled down onto it like you should.
This leaves me the rest of the bathroom all tiled except the bottom row which needs just a trim off to get them to fit. I've got a pro coming in to do the floor this saturday as , at £90 a sq/m , i thought i get it done 100%.

I was just thinking shall i do the bottom row before he gets here or do it when he's done the floor.

:LOL:

No !
I dropped then to £81 but that was it so then put the bits on top and its up to £90 ish again

that sounds a lot to me. But I certainly am not a pro tiler, so have no idea!!

No !
I dropped then to £81 but that was it so then put the bits on top and its up to £90 ish again

i take it you didnt get any more quotes, if you did and they are all similar, youll see me in your area very very soon.

I've got a pro coming in to do the floor this saturday as , at £90 a sq/m , i thought i get it done 100%.

£90 :eek: :eek: :eek: you gotta be kidding me,say he tiles a sqm an hour for 8 hours that's £720 for a days work :!: :!:

Just an after thought is he boarding the floor?If so is that included in the price and what is he boarding it with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back