Mortice latch search

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to find replacements for several of the mortice latches in my new home which have failed, and have run up against a brick wall as they seem to be longer than most. I have tried Screwfix etc, also some good hardware shops, with no luck.

The ones I need are 95mm overall length, 74mm from door edge to centre of handle bar. The barrel is 20mm x 15mm.

Can anyone suggest a supplier, preferably mail-order?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks, John, for the info and for that link, which looks close to what I need.

My main problem seems to be that all others I have looked at have too heavy a spring operation to be suitable for the shiny knobs in my home. I see, for example, that the Union 2648 data sheet is honest enough to say "requiring lever handle operation."

My wife is adamant that she won't change her knobs, otherwise that would have solved the problemjavascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:'). Have you come across this before?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back