Motion sensor light wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any help would be appreciated.

I have a motion sensor light that can be independently switched on at the door socket to be always on. The sensor device started malfunctioning so I bought a new one from Homebase. The metal frame of the light is the old wiring before I disconnected it, and I am pretty sure I replicated it on the new lamp (black frame). However, when I turn the main back on, the light is always on no matter what I do.

I've not been too experimental in the wiring of it, and am fairly new to the game of even simple DIY chores. Could anyone help?

J
20160514_154223.jpg
20160514_163349.jpg

Sponsored Links
They do tend to stay on for a while on switch on - maybe 20 minutes.

Have you waited long enough?

Can't tell which wire is what from here.

The wiring certainly seems to match. Disconnect the back wire of the supply cable and put it in a separate connector out of the way and see if the sensor switches the light off now. I can think of 2 faults, a faulty new light or the supply cable has been drilled and damaged shorting the brown and black wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back