Mould in alcove - will fitted wardrobe help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a deep alcove in my bedroom that I use as a wardrobe (it has a curtain pole and a thin sheet of material as a screen). In the winter mould gathers in the alcove and ruins my shirts.
Ive been thinking of utilising that space better and getting shelves, shoe rack etc...
If I got a fitted wardrobe would that solve the mould issue? I have some kingspan insulation panels I could fit against the cold wall and then fit the wardrobe to that?
Any advice would be muchly appreciated as Id hate to go to the expense of getting a wardrobe fitted and for it not to solve the mould issue.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mould spores are in the air constantly and like cool walls, either insulate or ventilate . ideally both.
Kingspan and then ensure wardrobe has vents.

Thanks Foxhole - when you say 'ventilate' do you mean putting a ventilation brick to the outside? (I have cob walls so reticent about doing this) or simple some venetian-style slatted doors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back