Mould on my ceiling again and again and again

Sponsored Links
Thanks again

Does "flirt" mean just a few brush marks on the plaster?

Sorry-I know I'm being thick but I genuinly don't know what "flirting" means in these circumstances. Also never used "oil based undercoat" on plaster or ceilings. Do I just buy undercoat for gloss?

Apologies

Longshanks

Flirting the brush just means apply the paint with light strokes, you dont need a heavy application.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Sorry-I know I'm being thick but I genuinly don't know what "flirting" means in these circumstances. Also never used "oil based undercoat" on plaster or ceilings.
Do I just buy undercoat for gloss?

I use "oil based undercoat" a lot when prepping for plastering, to seal in water/nicotine stains,, to seal in old distemper, to seal in mould stains, after washing them first,,,, it covers a multitude of stains. I normally buy a small 2.5ltr tin of Berger's Undercoat,,, cheap as chips, but it works a treat every time. I use a small 4" roller to put it on with.

I guess my query was about using the oil based undercoat (abeit lightly) on bare plaster. I.e I will sand down and probably end up removing most of the ugly stains etc as the paint flakes off. Then I'll apply anti fungicidal wash but wasn'r sure if I could apply the undercoat to the bare plaster.

Thanks again.

(Last time I'll ask this question honest!)

Hi again

My Loft caps have just arrived and they appear to be made out of cardboard. I'm sure that's right and makes it easier to cut out for the wires but can you really use Mastic sealant with these?

Thanks again (gonna use the oil based undercoat as directed :D )

Just tried the caps in the loft and they're very easy to work with and light.(obviously) However, they are quite tall and well above the height of the joists. I guess this doen't matter when you lay the insulation above and around them!

Many thanks

Longshanks

Hi

Know I've lost the audience on this but can I have one last stab at a real concern. Have fitted these ugly loft caps over the ceiling lights and am now worried about sealing. Apart form the usual difficulties sealing in a circular direction two of the lights are close to the slope of the roof and there's hardly any room.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

L

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back