mould spores on wall paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my bedroom wall paper and around the window in there is mould spores, i use that HG mould spray and it works get rid for a while. what the best way to get rid of once and for all?

Sponsored Links
The wall is damp. Cure that. Perhaps you have a plumbing leak or rain penetration, or perhaps you drape wet washing around or don't open the windows.

There are always mould spores everywhere. They will grow in damp places.

How do I get rid of the damp? Would removing all the wallpaper help as I'm currently redesigning it? Its a end wall the guttering only couple yrs old, no pipes in loft window opened from couple of hours on a rubbish weather day to 15hours on a good day. No damp washing hanged in the room either.all furniture on the outside walls are 8-10" out from wall. Thanks for ur reply john

It was mentioned by a friend of a friend might be cos I didn't pva the wall prior but it was

Sponsored Links
some photos might be interesting.

I wonder how old the house is.

How far is the bathroom from these spots?

Water vapour is lighter than air so will rise through the house until it escapes or condenses, and will diffuse between rooms. Is wet washing draped in any part of the house?

It was mentioned by a friend of a friend might be cos I didn't pva the wall prior but it was

I think you have answered your own question, you have sealed the wall with a plastic sealer, so natural condensation that has settled on the paper below the window cannot dry out naturally,
Window areas are the cold spots in a room so the moisture will remain on the paper and turn to mould.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back