Mounting 5.1 surround speakers high up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old PC surround sound system that I would like to setup to my laptop. I have bought the external sound card, and it all works well. I would like to mount the speakers high up(except for the woofer), but the type of speakers they are, look more like they were designed to use low and point up. See the picture:

v4p2kl.jpg

I was considering hanging them from the ceiling or the walls(high up), perhaps upside down for easier hanging. Can anyone advise me of a good idea or hooks/brackets etc that would allow me to do this in a tidy and easier manner? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Upside down for sure. You need them pointing down at you so that's the only way that makes any real sense. As for "easier" and "neat" though.... you do realise that these weren't designed for anything other than table standing, right?

Whatever happens I think you're going to have to fudge a bit of solution unless you want to get some serious tools out and start fabricating something. Maybe something like these kitchen cabinet brackets. LINK. Just use the black bit to provide a ridge to hook the speaker on. The only question then is how to stop the speaker sliding off is the cable is tugged. Perhaps a couple of tweaks with some pliers to create a couple of notches, or maybe a dab of silicon to "glue" it in place?

This could be one of thse times where you simply have to spend 20 minutes trawling through the Ironmongery section of B&Q looking for inspiration.

Sponsored Links
if the bases do not contain any of the electronics etc can you drill a few holes in them and fix directly to the ceiling with spring toggles ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back