Mouse Problem

Use the rentokil poison pasta food, don't worry about them smelling, they just dry up, it's the larger rats that start to develop maggots and smell.

I caught 30 in a weekend tried to do it all humanely and they just kept coming back. Used the pasta and they've all gone.

Sponsored Links
Hi again been under all kitchen cupboards and cleaned and filled holes put a barrier up that stops them getting out layedtraps got 3 already that's 8 in total, god how many more? It was lord of rings on tellyhaha, just had one in front room chomping, got trap ready now for it, I still have the steel humane trap but there not going in or I wud set free but this is out of hand now, not next to takeaway and dog food always tidy, am busy tonight just heard go off again...

Sponsored Links
where have you been releasing them, how far from the house?

If you release a mouse anywhere near your house, it will probably come back again. If you release it in the middle of nowhere at this time of year, it will starve to death or get eaten. It's actually more humane to kill them.

If you're concerned about humane killing, you won't use poison. The mouse dies slowly over several days, from internal bleeding.

It's mechanical means for me, every time. Quick snap to the spine and they die happy with a mouthful of peanut butter.

Cheers
Richard

Yeah have to agree with you there, I got 4 last night in an hour, all hit same place and light out, got the traps from screwfix which had great reviews and they are quick and effective. I released 4 mice about half a mile from my house in a field, so dont think its the same ones. In total thats 8 now with 1 more I spotted, Im hoping there isnt a lot more but tomorrow moring I go around the house filling any cracks and croonies. I need to get rid of them as I have a pet boxer who is very important to me but I fel for the mice as they are only trying to live but my hands are tied now as its been going on too long. Thanks for help guys, will let you know if anymore appear in traps which are set again and nothing happened all night, peanut butter in both does the trick.

Would they be nesting outside and coming in for food or could they be nesting under my floorboards? how do I get to them if thats case...checked back of fridge and there was some dropping inside bottom at back, no nest though, fridge still pulled half out for now.

This time of year, getting colder outside drives the mice inside.

I have hens outside in the yard, they nail mice fast.

Internally? a mix of all the traps above will help in the eradication process, I find humane traps the least jarring on the sensibilities but in an infestation situation I would opt for poison bate.

We had a [again] an Infestation of the mouse's larger mate, rats, they were eliminated by four trays of poison.

Ken

I tried spring traps for ages and they just kept coming, could hear them scratching about in the ceiling at night.

Not all die a nice death in the traps either......one got away with my trap......never seen it since. Another chewed its own leg off to get out of the trap....never saw him again either.....poor bastard.

In the end I got fed up and put the pasta poison down and left traps out for the stragglers.....been nothing in the traps for 5 months and no noises either.

If you want rid just get the poison in.

The best answer is, of course, a cat.

Ours is getting too old to bother with mice now but, fortunately, we seem to have no sign of them.

In his younger day, though, we'd often find a little present on our floor. He'd usually leave the tail: he didn't like tails much.

I think a bonus is that once the mice get to know there's a cat about, word gets around and they all scuttle off to the neighbour's house.

You see, cats have their uses!

I think a bonus is that once the mice get to know there's a cat about, word gets around and they all scuttle off to the neighbour's house.

Maybe they use mourse code.
:LOL: :LOL:

Or perhaps they whisker to each other.

Or they tell tails about where they've been.

Not all die a nice death in the traps either......one got away with my trap......never seen it since. Another chewed its own leg off to get out of the trap....never saw him again either.....poor b*****d.

I had a couple of instances of that until I started using these:

http://www.goodswholesale.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=152

The trap can only be set off by nudging the small prong *up*, so the mouse has to have its head well in the trap for it to go off. Only ever had happy kills with these traps

If you want rid just get the poison in.

Poison is easier for the human, because we don't have to watch the results. But it's more painful and drawn out for the mouse, than anything that can happen with a trap.

Cheers
Richard

The best answer is, of course, a cat.

Hah. We live in the country and used to get mice in the house all the time. That is, one of our cats would bring in 5 or 6 every week, which would either get eaten, or escape and take up residence. Since the demise of both cats, we didn't see or hears a mouse for a couple of years, until a brief invasion this autumn...

Cheers
Richard

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back