Mouse Problem

One other thing which was told to me by pest control, bait traps with something sticky . He used Nutella so the pest , and particularly rats , has to eat it off the prong . Rats are quite intelligent and have evidently been shown to flick dry bait off traps with their tails tripping it in the process but not getting caught.

Sponsored Links
One other thing which was told to me by pest control, bait traps with something sticky . He used Nutella so the pest , and particularly rats , has to eat it off the prong . Rats are quite intelligent and have evidently been shown to flick dry bait off traps with their tails tripping it in the process but not getting caught.

With the Self-set metal traps you put the peanut butter *under* the prong, so the only way the rodent can get it is by nudging the prong upwards with its snout.

The worst traps to use are any plastic ones, as they tend not to be powerful enough. I don't like the wooden Little Nippers either - they have plenty of power, but the mouse can set them off from the edge of the full-width treadle.

I don't like killing things, but if I have to, I like to do it cleanly.

Cheers
Richard

I have got an old Victorian house that I have done up over the years and have never really got rid of the generations of mice from the house but it seems over the years they have not been so evident. the other day I heard a bit of scurrying in the kitchen and underneath a bag in the corner was a mouse, our Westie came in and "pawed" about where the mouse was. The mouse ran out and quick as a flash she got it ,quick bite and laid it out on the floor for me!! I had never seen a Westie in action (killing rats and mice) before, but what an efficient killer! She has recently been in action in "the bedroom of Doom, " also known as the teenagers room....So moral of story, Get a Westie

Sponsored Links
Back