Moved House - Uses Gravity Fed System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have moved from a 2 bed flat with combi to a 3 bed with boiler, hot water tank (airing cupboard) and cold water tank (loft).

The pressure is so bad in the bathroom, but as expected. The cold water tank is attached to the toilet and the sink in the bathroom as well as the shower. The pump is extremely loud, more than I can handle long term, I only have it on with the shower but even so. The pump is under the bath. When on and running, I can hear it across the whole house.

What do I need to know when thinking of moving to an unvented system? The boiler (Potterton) is quite old but was serviced when I moved in and is working fine, system boiler. The bathroom all works from the tanks and none from mains.

There is also the other option of replacing the pump with a newer one (I have yet to look under the bath at what type the pump is), such as Salamander or Stuart Turner who I have read have quieter pumps. But this is a risk that it won't reduce the sound that much.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Switch to unvented and forget about shower pumps. That's providing your incoming cold supply is adequate. You old Potterton is probably not a system boiler but a heat only boiler. Pumps under baths, who in their right minds does that when there are other options?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back