moving a oil boiler

M

munchingB

ive just been quoted £1300 from a certified plumber to have him move my boiler from one spot to another approx 3 metres away.

i will be moving the tank onto a new base, making the walls ready to fit the boiler and making good after.

is this a genuine quote or is this guy trying to put me off giving him the job-which he assured me could be done in a day.

cheers all

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell without seeing plans! why is the oil tank being moved?? there seems more to this than your post make out! :confused:

im about to start an extension. the external wall on which the boiler is mounted will become an internal wall and so it needs to be moved onto another external wall.

it really is as simple as that.

im moving the oil tank because it sits where the extension will be.

where the boiler now sits on an external south facing wall it needs to be moved 3 metres away onto the external east facing wall of the same room.

it is literally detaching everything, plug into the space i will prepare and then plumb it all in.

£1300 seems massively steep and so im probably going to have to add it to my list of things to do/learn : /

there really isnt anymore to it then that and judging from your responses im guessing that you are thinking its a pricey quote too.

Sponsored Links
Get a quote from another plumber, then, um, compare them :!:

i dont need to get a quote to know that £1300 is expensive...even if others are charging similar or more..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back