Moving a Potterton Prima f 30f off the floor or new Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

A bit new to this, and was hoping for a bit of advice.

I'm wanting to move my boiler (potterton prima f 30f) off the floor, well it sitting very close to the floor to the top of the wall nearer the ceiling and the plumber has told me that I need a new boiler as it not that straight forward.

The flue currently goes out into a carpoarch area so on a horizontal flue. Keeping the set up the same it can only go up another 30 cm as per guidelines,not what I was hopping for, been told I can not have an 90 degree bend to go vertical or vertical exit on this model. So I need a newer boiler that does.

Am i being taken for a ride or do I cough for a new boiler. the old one has been working fine and sounds healthy.

thanks
NewHomes.

Sponsored Links
Cough up time! me thinks, he is correct in no bends on your flue.

Am i being taken for a ride or do I cough for a new boiler.

Why would that be? There's more labour involved carefully picking the bones of your boiler without damaging any parts and re-assembling it, than there is installing a new one. Furthermore there is absolutley f**k all profit supplying a gas boiler these days. The installer wouldn't have to guarantee the old one either.

Sponsored Links
I don't know, Just that I asked him about moving it up and he said that the old boiler does not have an option to have a vertical flue so he would need to get another model that did.

As a horizontal flue would not meet regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back