moving a socket

Many thanks for that RF it illustrates my point of view beautifully.

" Work at or near live conductors.
14. No person shall be engaged in any work activity on or so near any live conductor (other than one suitably covered with insulating material so as to prevent danger) that danger may arise unless-
(a) it is unreasonable in all circumstances to be dead;and
(b) it is reasonable in all the circumstances for him to be at work on or near it while it is live; and
(c) suitable precautions (including where necessary the provision of suitable protective equipment ) are taken to prevent injury."

See regulation 14 does not spefically mention putting your finger in a socket but makes it perfectly clear that it is not allowed just as in the same way that regs make it clear that two spurs off the same terminals in a ring is not allowed.

Once again RF thanks for your help on this one.

Regards EBEE,

Footnote - Although when I stated "regs" (Clumsily I suppose) in this context I actually meant BS 7671 (IEE Wiring Regulations 16th Edition) which in themselves are non statutory, RFs help in reffering to EAWR which are statutory has given valued assistance in this matter. The regs (BS 7671) states what is to be achieved not how it is to be acheived, whereas the On Site Guide along with guidance notes (particulary 1 & 3) give such help in a simpler form of compliance with BS 7671 which in turn is LIKELY to achieve compliance with all statutory Regs.[/b]

Sponsored Links
So there!

Tongueoutgirl.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back