moving an alarm panel that has no control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys im in the middle of boxing / boarding up the electrics in my new home ..
the alarm panel is set at a lower level than the electric box and would make the job alot neater and easier if i was to move the alarm panel up inline,
i have installed / repaired alarms before . but every time they have had a code control panel . All i have on this is a key with the settings off center
full set to the right and part set to the left
my question is if i remove the main panel front if the bells sound on tamper how do you turn it off due to there being no way to imput the engineers code or user code to turn it off
i would usually just pull the panel off and see what happens but i have no ladders to get upto the box if the sounder does go off
any suggestions or tip .

Sponsored Links
this is my problem it was an x council house and was not left any info on the alarm the box has no info on there and the front bell box just has the housing association in the area on there .. i will post up some pics but there is nothing much to go from this is why i have not risked moving it and upsetting the neighbours haha i will post some pics and post them up

Sponsored Links
Well it's a securitech it looks like an active 5 but I've never seen one without a keypad on ! The normal thing on keyswitch panels is .... Open box tamper goes off , turn switch to on then off, this normally stops it .

thank you guys i got in touch with a friend who works in security he believes its an old c&k or bentley he said the same turn to full set and off again and it should work . going to give it a go .. and see the out come it may be the result in quickly calling for assistance from a fellow friend and tech .
normally i would just pull the front off with out thinking about it but as i cant get up to the 2 bell boxes im taking precautions not to upset the new neighbours :rolleyes:

C&k is securitech , also branded Intellisense.. Also some old guardall panels where made by securitech/ c&k It not a Bentley!

I certainly hope you HAVE NOT run your alarm cables, in what looks like trunking with the house mains supply.

If you have don't be surprised if you have unexplained problems sooner or later.

Induction, (look it up) is not a good thing. Alarm cables should only run for very short distances parallel to the mains, even then 6" I think is the recommended distance, could be wrong could be a little further, I can't remember. At right angles is ok though.

As I said, you will have problems at some time or another.

Best to move them away now, rather than wait until things might be a little more difficult.

240v mains and 12v DC/alarm cables, do not mix well.

it is run next to them in its own trunking inside the trunking . they are close ect but the wiring going up is no better . its a council house and they all run along side the mains cable .. the alarm is never used to be honest due to the area being very safe .. i will be upgrading the entire system in a few months to a better (top end) system as well that alarm is about as useful as a wet fart ! it is in engineer mode now so hopefully no unexpected trips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back