Moving gas meter without altering Transco pipe

Gasmen love to do rear entries its a perk of the job ;) .
Only time you cannot do a rear entry is if you have a medium pressure supply which you wont have.
Sleeve must be sealed in the box for rear exit

Sponsored Links
Surely this belongs in the combustion chamber pot, not in a public forum??
:rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

jeezo thats twice in a week ive agreed with you, im seriously considering taking you off the blocked list, but im waiting on answers from the "training centre scandal" posts first haha

Ach, you find that kirk, I grow on people - like a fungus.
What question mate? Cause if it's in the combustion chamber pot? Then I'm banned.............. :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry kirk, the years of Buckie drinking has taken it's toll. Ping up the thread mate & I'll answer 'the question'. Please title it; 'Question for D.ck Puller' & I'll not miss it............ ;)

Sponsored Links
I got a second quote today from a ex BG engineer who suggested a different approach.
He said that instead of feeding the service pipe through the back of the meter box, that it is brought through the cavity in a liner 100mm below the box, and is elbowed up through the standard entry hole, and to the ECV.

This sounds a neater solution, and would look a lot better than using a wodge of sealant at the back of the box.

I found this photo on the internet earlier of what 'plan A' could have looked like!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back