moving water tanks about 3 metres in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move the water tanks in the loft the cold water and a smaller tank maybe header ?????

Not to sure can take pics if need be,

Im no plumber but wonder if this is a diy job or not,

Reason being is there slap bang in the middle of the loft and its could be an ideal small room to use for storage for my business

but as there in the middle its a no go.

Question is can i do it myself if not how much is it likely to cost, I assume its just case of turning water of draingin the tank moving and redoing the pipework to new location

p.s we have no central heating but a back boiler above the coal fire for warm water

Hope you can help guys

p.p.s we are in staffs if any plumbers wana quote

Sponsored Links
They are in the middle, because thats the strongest part.
I moved mine in the last house & they have been moved in this house.
Yes its a DIY job, but you will need to know a bit of basic plumbing.
When you move them support the rafters, goe across 3 or 4 with a couple of decent bits of timber.
I dont know what shower you have, but if you are moving them you could raise it, you can get a reasonable shower then.
Mine are raised, about 4ft

When you move them support the rafters, goe across 3 or 4 with a couple of decent bits of timber.
I dont know what shower you have, but if you are moving them you could raise it, you can get a reasonable shower then.

What absolute boll##ks !!
The reason the tanks are in the middle is that no one likes crawling around under the effin eaves !!!

IMOHO of course !!

any advice or stages to do it

its a 1960 house i think soild blue brick and good timbers not flimsy so hopefuly be ok,

I would put some good timbers down, we only have a shower no bath.

how long did it take you

and how much do you think it would cost if i got someone to do

Sponsored Links

What absolute boll##ks !!
The reason the tanks are in the middle is that no one likes crawling around under the effin eaves !!!

IMOHO of course !!

are you a plumber mate ?

Yes !
But I'm crap at typing though !!

I never wrote rubbish it was changed from cr#p!! :rolleyes:

if your house is one of them 1960's houses with no roofing felt under the tiles and everything is covered in a layer of black soot then that's extra on top of labour :)

if your house is one of them 1960's houses with no roofing felt under the tiles and everything is covered in a layer of black soot then that's extra on top of labour :)

is felt or somet not straight tiles its alrite,

i just want it doing lol

Get someone round to have a butchers!!

Without seeing what is involved it could be a wild guess!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back