Muddy garden advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am writing this post on behalf of my sister as her garden is really getting her down. Just over a year ago turf was laid they did everything right yet a few months later and the garden had turned to mud. It doesn't help as she has dogs so as you can imagine its very muddy and now as you will see on the photos there is a bit of green slime too.
Being on a low budget and suffering from spinebifita she is at a real loss as to what she can do to solve this problem, she would love to have the garden all slabbed but we have no idea how much slabs cost and if its not something the family can do I bet it would cost a fortune for paying someone.
Do you have any ideas? many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
you have two issues here. first is bad drainage, second is the dogs. Both will be a receipe for disaster for a good lawn. The drainage can be sorted out, the dogs is a little trickier. Dependent on the budget, if she wants a green lawn, have you considered artificial grass. As much as i dont like it in principle, we have installed it where dogs have been an issue and it has really worked out well.

you have two issues here. first is bad drainage, second is the dogs. Both will be a receipe for disaster for a good lawn. The drainage can be sorted out, the dogs is a little trickier. Dependent on the budget, if she wants a green lawn, have you considered artificial grass. As much as i dont like it in principle, we have installed it where dogs have been an issue and it has really worked out well.

I think its easier to sort the dogs out.. :LOL: :LOL: I luve em really

Sponsored Links
While ever she has the dogs trampling on the lawn, she will never have a good lawn.

I have two Labradors and at my previous house they churned up the lawn each winter, when it was wet. The ony way around this was to section an area of garden off with a low fence for the dogs to use for toileting, keeping them off the remainder of the lawn.

Weve since moved house where it isnt practical to section an area of the garden off. Instead I have to take the dogs out for a walk 4 times a day!!!

Its a real pain in the @rse, but its the only way I can keep my garden looking nice.

How about replacing the grass with gravel? But dont use small gravel, as each time you pick up their mess, you will be picking the gravel up also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back