Multi point lock not secure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer some advice?
Replaced the handles on our elderly lock last year, as the old ones were coming off. Now the 'new' lock isn't secure from the outside, meaning anyone can just turn the handle & walk in (unless it is actually locked with key). Anyone have any miracle fixes, as money a bit tight at the mo?

Sponsored Links
My initial guess is you replaced your worn handles which were the 'lever/pad' type for a standard set which are 'lever/lever', you probably even discarded the 2 piece spindle known as a 'split spindle' with your old handles and used the one supplied with the new handles which is (probably) a 1 piece solid spindle hence you've lost the lever/pad facility built into the locking mechanism

Thanks for reply. Yes, I do seem to remember the old spindle was 2-piece, now you've described it I can see how it functioned. Would you know if the spindle can be bought separately?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back