Multi Tool - Bargain ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just seen a ROCKWELL 12V Li-ion Cordless Multi Tool in local Diy shed for £29.99. 50 piece set with 2 batteries and carry bag.

Came home to research; a few on Ebay for £50 and £79.99. Reviews are from abroad so this may be new to UK - hence sale price listing from £99.99 to £49.99 to £29.99.

Going back to get one.

I have no interest in this Co or the store selling it (HomeBase) so therefore don't consider this post as advertising (against forum rules), just passing on what looks like interesting info. Looked at the rules and don't think this post is in breach, but apols to mods in advance if it is.

Would appreciate a yes/no post if you found this interesting so that I know wether to post anything more in future.

Sponsored Links
Never heard of that make before its either a bargain or its rubbish for that price.

Sponsored Links
Never heard of that make before its either a bargain or its rubbish for that price.
and thats why I thought it may be of interest !
I thought it was USA but docs state Positec Power Tools in Leeds.
I did also state that you can find it on Ebay for £79.99 and this is marked as 60% off at HB.
Yes, I have bought it and used it and am very happy with it, lots of jobs waiting.
It comes with an adaptor used to fit the accessories provided. It is also used to fit Fien (not heard of that one) and WORX accessories and without the use of the adaptor it takes BOSCH accessories.
If this isn't a loss leader, then I don't know how they make any money on it.
Again; Hope this is of some use.

I have one of these and I'm thinking of taking it back but can anyone give an opinion about whether the "fault" I will complain about is really a fault.
I went to use it for the first time today, using the plunge cut blade and the sanding tool. While it works, the shaft that the tools are mounted on has about 7mm vertical play, and I think it is only properly engaged with the drive when the shaft is pressed into the housing. When using the plunge cut blade, it would stop altogether if I was holding it at certain angles and the shaft extended out of the housing.
Thanks.
Derek
PS In principle, it does seem a useful, versatile tool.

I used mine a lot yesterday and I don't recognise the symptoms you describe. I also used the plunge cut in chip board which is very hard (tools recommended for soft woods) and all was fine; no cut outs, all felt fine, sounded fine, looked fine and did the job.

I used mine a lot yesterday and I don't recognise the symptoms you describe. I also used the plunge cut in chip board which is very hard (tools recommended for soft woods) and all was fine; no cut outs, all felt fine, sounded fine, looked fine and did the job.

you reckon its worth a punt then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back