multifit grasslin 7 day timer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi potterton performa 24 combi boiler. I later on bought a Grasslin integral 7 days timer from multifit's (subsidiary of Baxi) approved local dealer.
The display on the timer is working and I am able to set on/off time on to it except that pointers indicating 7 days of the week dont show up (never did), so I can not set a different time for weekend!
Instead it shows a dark plier like sign at the extreme bottom left in the corner next to "off" (inverted U) sign.
That sign means God knows what, as the manual with the timer has no mention of it! :confused:
Essentially I have paid for a 7 day timer that is working as a cheaper 1 day timer! :(
I have uploaded a picture of my timer so that you may see that strange sign and absence of week day marker to help me out.
If the picture in this post is not clear enough, pls do look into my album for a better photo.
I rang multifit, but their part technician doesn't have a clue. :mad:
Is there any thing that I might do to restore its 7 day ability?
I am not a professional in this field so please explain in a simple step wise way :unsure:
Many Thanks View media item 41596 View media item 41811 View media item 41812

Sponsored Links
Why is the picture taken on its side?

Have you tried a hard reset with the little button?

Tony

I dont know much about your particular timer but it looks to me as if its in daily mode rather than weekly mode
the clue being the 24 hr sign at the top left, of course that may relate to the clock setting (24hr as apposed to am/pm)
I would have another read of your installaition manual if I were you
then try reseting as agile as posted and reprogram it
Matt

Sponsored Links
I will post the scan of its 2 page guide in a day that gives no clue if there is a 7 days mode seperate from one day mode.
Yes I have done hard reset twice and that does not bring up the tiny black pointers against any of the week days on the left.
The 24 hour mode on the top left is clock mode as opposed to AM/PM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back