Multiple TV'S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Didnt bother to look at your link(as I have drunk to much)
But you can watch everything on all tv's with an amp. but all tv's will watch the cable chanel as selected on the main tv

Thanks, if the amp is installed before the v.box, I guess I can just use it for terrestrial tv for the tv's around the house and the main tv only connected to v.box?

it needs to be after the v box..rf out is what u r after..b4 u wont get v..but will get all the others

Sponsored Links
Options are either:

Aerial into amplifier - individual leads from amp to each TV. You get all the usual Freeview channels on each TV.
- or -
Aerial into RF IN on Virgin box
Lead from RF Out on virgin box into amplifier
Individual leads from amp to each TV.
You get the freeview channels and whatever channel the box is set to.

However the second option is only possible if the Virgin box actually has RF in/out sockets - plenty of them do not.

If your existing aerial works with one TV, you do NOT need a new one to use the amplifier.

in my setup i don't have virgin or sky but i do have freeveiw recorders without rf output
to overcome this i have signal to vhs or dvd recorders via scart and the output frequency transmits the signal
all you need to do is first tune into vhs by running a tape when tunning in the tvs then its a simple case off connecting the amplifier after the vhs leaving the vhs on when you want the virgin signal to circulate to all tvs tuned to the vhs

Yes, that's the return feed. It combines all aerial signals and the selected Sky channel.

I'd recommend a Sky box.

Thank you all for your input and happy new year, flameport just to confirm aerial into amp then off to the tv's around the house, can I then just connect from amp to v.box and have the standard freeview channels around the house and virgin set-up on just that one tv. sorry if this is very basic stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back