Mum trying to find right boiler 2 fit in cupboard... help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME?...

I am having a boiler change next Friday and I have to find and buy the right boiler by then! arrrggghhhhh

After doing the calculations I have found out that I need a 18kw boiler but am struggling to find one which the size will fit into a standard (600mm wide, 290mm deep, 720mm high) wall unit.

I have a regular boiler and was just wanting a straight forward exchange but have also since been advised to have a system boiler. However I cannot find a system boiler to fit into the cupboard. Does anyone know of one?

If not a regular boiler would be ok and I had been looking at a Worcester Bosch Greenstar but the flue comes a bit to high to ensure it will fit into the cupboard as I have step down in the ceiling.

Bottom line is does anyone recommend either a regular boiler or a system boiler that has a directly behind flue and will fit into a cupboard?

Sorry for the length of the message but I am now tearing my hair out...Please advise if you can.

Regards
A very stressed mummy x

Sponsored Links
Broag Remeha Avanta seires availible as open vent (18v) or System Boiler variants

It will fit into the cupboard you require

5 Year warranty too! ;)

Thanks for your reply.

I have just looked at the size of the boiler that you suggested and it says a 300mm depth. Our cupboard says 290mm depth. I would presume that the cupboard measurements would include the back of the cupboard and I guess that would not be used but I am not sure if it would be too much of a gamble for it to fit?

Worst case senario you would have to permanently remove the cupboard door as the boiler would be slightly proud BUT you would have hot water and a warm house!!
life's full of tough choices innit!! ;)

Sponsored Links
U cant fasten a boiler to the back of a cupboard,it will have to be mounted on the wall, so just measure from that.

Ideal Logic range are all 700mm high, 395 wide and 278 mm deep. Comes with a 5 year guarantee.

They have Heat only, system and combis available in the range and all of the different outputs are physically the same case size.

I have fitted all types so far (mostly combi's) in the last year or so without any problems.

Regards.

an intergas 18kw has the flue off the top but...

the Boiler dimensions are

Height mm 590
Width mm 450
Depth mm 240

the flue would add about 10cmish if you get the newer shallower one

Why isn't your installer helping you with this problem.

I also prefer the Intergas boiler

Or to look at it another way, why isn't your installer supplying the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back