Murray. What IS wrong with the bloke?

Damned if you or don't as a Scotsman in the public eye.

Can't remember an Englishman being **** over for loving his country of birth and saying so in public. The usual double standards apply...nothing new for the minorities.

The only difference being is the English when asked what nationality they are reply British, unlike the Scots, N. Irish and Welsh,,,,

Bullshit....see dubya's reply.

Sponsored Links
I am English. I am not British.

Have a word with namsag (gas112) then.

I believe he is Glaswegian or near as dammit.....therefore he is only doing what he thinks is normal.....much the same as you are.

I am English, living and working here. When I decide Ill move to Scotland on the premise of being a missionary then your comment will be accurate.

Don't get all narky with me because the Scots aint got the balls to go it alone. The Scottish are better off with us, you know it, I know it and for now on, they are a laughing stock and will continue to be for generations.

My wife is Scottish, loves England but is proud of her heritage. But she lives in England and is proud to admit its a better life for her. I guess she is just more mature that most 'missionaries'.

So whats the problem? We both agree the "missionary" statement is childish nonsense and we both agree we are nationalists for our own country. Nothing wrong with that.

I disagree Scotland is better off with "us". Sadly there are few options open to Scotland and economic suicide is not favourable compared to going along with "us" right now.

Good on your wife if she is happy down there, my sister is and I'm glad she is. There's nowhere else I would want to live in the UK than where I live now and certainly nowhere I could make a better living.

Waltermitty sorry i mean mrdubya your intellect proves that the missionary work just isnt working and you are definitely a lost cause.

As for the scots being better off with us comments somehow i think the opposite is true the english are better off with the scots which is why even the tories fought tooth and nail to keep them not because they like them it was purely down to financial reasons

Damned if you or don't as a Scotsman in the public eye.

Can't remember an Englishman being **** over for loving his country of birth and saying so in public. The usual double standards apply...nothing new for the minorities.

Probably because you can't remember an independence vote in an era of social media before.

Murray was getting it before the referendum.

It was only about his nationality because he made it so. Like before.
Posting (jocular - not taken as, by some) anti-English comments. What's the logical response? Not really to knock his bad hair, or choice of anti-perspirant......

Same with posting his opinion on the very devisive referendum - only going to go one way.

The fact that you jump on it as being anti-Scottish, as opposed to just retaliating with like, says as much about your victim mentality, as it does about English antipathy towards you.

If James Corden, for instance, had posted "Vote Yes!", he'd have got a round from this side of the border, for being blubbery, and he'd have got that (plus anti-English diatribe) from the other.

Sponsored Links
Posting (jocular - not taken as, by some) anti-English comments. What's the logical response? Not really to knock his bad hair, or choice of anti-perspirant......

Same with posting his opinion on the very devisive referendum - only going to go one way.

The fact that you jump on it as being anti-Scottish, as opposed to just retaliating with like, says as much about your victim mentality, as it does about English antipathy towards you.

If James Corden, for instance, had posted "Vote Yes!", he'd have got a round from this side of the border, for being blubbery, and he'd have got that (plus anti-English diatribe) from the other.

No problem with jocular comments from either side, it's a daily occurrence where I live due to the numbers of English living here and half of my family being English or Irish. In fact I will be taking the **** out of an Englishman later today and be getting the same back from him. It's gone a bit further than that for Murray though hasn't it.

Posting that he wanted to see a yes result hardly demands the response he got, even if in the past he has been his own worst enemy.

Victim Mentality? Plenty of Scots have that but not this one.

No problem with jocular comments from either side, it's a daily occurrence where I live due to the numbers of English living here and half of my family being English or Irish. In fact I will be taking the p**s out of an Englishman later today and be getting the same back from him. It's gone a bit further than that for Murray though hasn't it.

Posting that he wanted to see a yes result hardly demands the response he got, even if in the past he has been his own worst enemy.

Victim Mentality? Plenty of Scots have that but not this one.

Totally agree on the vitriol - not warranted.

And victim mentality not aimed at you - just in a rush to get nipper to football, so wasn't too choosy with my words.

I got the feeling that the surge in support helped him win Wimbledon. I don't think he is the type who can carry on regardless.
Tennis fans will go on supporting Murray irrespective of any arguments between England and Scotland.

Is he a true idiot or is he so big headed that he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut? You would think that even if he supported independence he would have had the intelligence to say nothing.
How does a successful Scots sportsman become a "true idiot" just because he supports the independence of his place of birth?

Successful English high earners go out of their way to support their nation don't they. :rolleyes:

Feckinell squarky you are so naive. It's embarrassing.

As usual, so eager to troll that you don't read the question. Next time get one of your children to explain it to you.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
His 'Anyone but England' comments were a joke that was taken out of context by the media

Sponsored Links
Back