Muslim Tolerance - Not Even in Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dispute over grave plots after burial of Gypsy

A Romany Gypsy family face having to exhume the body of a recently-buried relative because of a row over grave plots at Burbage Cemetery.

Shadrack Smith was buried at the Lychgate Lane cemetery after a traditional Romany funeral on Friday .

His family brought three plots they picked which faced his home at Aston Firs - a tradition in Romany culture.

But since they purchased the plots the family of a Muslim man, who was already buried on the site, have objected to 89-year-old Mr Smith being buried next to him, despite the cemetery being billed as open to all faiths and denominations.

http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news/local-news/dispute-over-grave-plots-after-8584294

Sponsored Links
Hmm. Tough one. Who to side with - gipsy or ROP?

I think the gipsy wins. Only just. :LOL:

If it were a white family objecting to a muslim being buried next to their relative purely because of race or religion, the pressure on the white family to back down and apologise would be enormous, and they would be named in the paper, photos of them leaving the house etc. As it is, the 'muslim family are having their racist requests honoured, while enjoying full anonymity.

Sponsored Links

If it were a white family objecting to a muslim being buried next to their relative purely because of race or religion, the pressure on the white family to back down and apologise would be enormous, and they would be named in the paper, photos of them leaving the house etc.
Would you care to provide a small selection of examples of this sort of thing happening?

A Romany Gypsy family face having to exhume the body of a recently-buried relative because of a row over grave plots at Burbage Cemetery.

And where exactly is the suggestion that his body may have to be exhumed come from .... or is it possible that you added that bit to the story yourself?

If you can provide a link to show the body may have to be exhumed then I retract this post and apologise

I'd be happy to construct an underground wall at Burbage Cemetery if it resolves the dispute.
Though I suspect unlike the prods and catholics it wouldn't be acceptable to the muslims,

I'd be happy to construct an underground wall at Burbage Cemetery if it resolves the dispute.
Though I suspect unlike the prods and catholics it wouldn't be acceptable to the muslims,

Blimey - things are progressing if you can reconcile yourself with Catholics - a few threads ago you referred to them as Finian ***** and advocated indiscriminate violence as a solution.

Whitey69 is starting to like gypsies and you're making up with the Catholics - hope for world peace isn't so far fetched after all!

Hmm. Tough one. Who to side with - gipsy or ROP?

I think the gipsy wins. Only just. :LOL:

Well at least you're starting to put the people you hate into order of preference!

We can't all be bleeding hearts, going around showing the love to undesirables. Guarantee you'll change your mind when they start moving in around you. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

And where exactly is the suggestion that his body may have to be exhumed come from .... or is it possible that you added that bit to the story yourself?

If you can provide a link to show the body may have to be exhumed then I retract this post and apologise
Er, read the first sentence in the newspaper article provided :confused:

You'll notice that we are still waiting for Handjobjack to provide a link to substantiate his start to the thread.

Apologies - I've descended into name calling already.

Blimey - things are progressing if you can reconcile yourself with Catholics - a few threads ago you referred to them as Finian ***** and advocated indiscriminate violence as a solution.

Whitey69 is starting to like gypsies and you're making up with the Catholics - hope for world peace isn't so far fetched after all!

Blatant lies.
For a start I'd never want be buried along side a catholic in the same grave yard.
Now go scouring back posts to see what you can come up with.

Er, read the first sentence in the newspaper article provided :confused:

It says that there is a difference of opinion. It does not say any body is going to be dug up.

read the LAST sentence in the newspaper article provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back