My 3 year old Ravenheat boiler won't fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 3 year old Ravenheat CSI Primary Condensing Boiler won't fire up. The fan, pump etc have all been tested and all seems o.k. (although there doesn't seem to be any power at the fan) The red power light comes on and the room stats etc are calling for heat, but nothing happens.
I had a new fan and PCB fitted 18 months ago.
Anyone any ideas before I buy one or get someone to look at it?

Sponsored Links
Hi, Yes I have but it doesn't make any difference.
Could it be the PCB again?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
i have only worked on a couple of these...........one of the faults was similar to yours and it was the red and black ign pcb...........but couldnt possibly be sure on here.........another fault was the thermostat which also made the boiler do absolutly nothing at all.

Hi is that the control thermostat switch, the one with the white knob?

Hi I'll try that. Have ordered one. I'll get back to you with the result.
If you have any other ideas gives a shout.
Thanks

New thermostat fitted and still nothing.
Anyone any ideas. Getting desparate!!

Try the low water pressure switch ( round unit with rubber boot and 3 wires connected) last one i did was blocked with some c**p

hi i just looked at my manuals for the csi range it does have a low water pressure switch its above the diverter valve as the other post says its got a rubber boot over the wires but on looking at the electrics there are 2 types depending on what model it is some have 2 wires and some have 3 wires the one with the 3 wires is the same as on all ravenheat later boilers and even if the pressure is showing ok its prob blocked up so to test it remove the boot turn of the mains swap the brown and blue wires over then turn it back on it should run that will prove the switch is blocked up and needs to be removed and the hole cleaned out in the switch and the pipe where its fitted i have not come accross the 2 wire ones but if its working the same a other boilers then just remove 1 of the wires and see if the works or try swapping them over ALL WITH THE MAINS OFF!!!!!!!!
if you are not competent to do this call someone who is as corgi registered
I used to be an out of warranty engineer for ravenheat and this was a common problem after about 3 years with a new boiler fitted to an older system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back