my dishwasher fills up if left alone too long and leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a newbie and struggling a little with this forum thing, im looking for some hints on whats going on with my dishwasher, it fills when left unattended, then it either overflows if ive left the door ajar or when i open the door i get a substantial puddle, any offers?????

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert,but it maybe syphoning back through the outlet pipe,try lifting it up 6 inches if possible see if this helps.I am sure the experts will be along later to give you the correct advice.Hope this helps.

paul has probably diagnosed it for you.
the outlet hose should be raised as high as possible.. ideally right up to the underneath of the worktop/sink level then back down into the waste fitting.

If it is not syphoning back you could always try turning off the water supply and leaving it for a day and see if it fills up then, you may have a sticking fill valve (piece of crud preventing it shutting properly)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back