My experiance with Dulux

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a post a while back regarding my dulux gloss (oil based) yellowing within a week so on the advice of my local dulux decorator center i switched to satin wood (oil based) which also desided to yellow. After a few phone calls to dulux i recieved a voucher for Sikkens rubbol BL satura. I took the voucher to my dulux center and the paint had to be orderd, happy days..... a few days passed and i got a call to say it was in, on collection i was told the piant i wanted was Discontinued and i was given another tin of sikkens as replacement, after further investigation the paint i had been given as replacement was for external use and was oil based. After yet another call to dulux i found out that the paint i wanted in the first place was not discontinued and they had no idea why i had been told this. Dulux head office then orderd the correct paint and i got a phone call when it was in store. I collected it an it was correct this time..... i am impressed with the paint and it is easy to apply and looks nice and white. Also for my troubles i was offered paint for the rest of my home free of charge from dulux head office and i received vouchers for this also, i went back to my DDC to use the vouchers and the manager in there had a compleatly different attitude from the first time, he made me feel threatend and spoke to me like i was on the bottom of his trainer.... he really wound me up as he was not going to take the vouchers atal.... his excuse was "i helped you out the 1st time, im not doing it again" i left the store to call dulux head office who then contacted the area manager for my area..... i then recieved a call from another DDC offering delivery of the paint i would like to order over the phone (which i was happy about)

The above prosess has been going on for around a month, in which time i could have had the house done and dusted. I am so dissapointed in Dulux its unreal... for them being a high quality paint manufacturer there level of service is shocking

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't waste one second of my time in a DDC.

Nor, would I part with any of my money in those places either.

Beats me why pro's bother with the stuff as it seems to cause them more grief than anything else.

Some folk never learn :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back