My GardTec Alarm has turned off after a power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The electricity company cut my electric off outside my house when they turned it back on an hour later my Gardtec G Tag alarm never came back on and appeared to be running off the battery as I couldn't set it, then after about 8 hours the control panel completely went off. I have checked the fuses and replaced the battery but still have no power to the alarm and cant set it. Does anyone else know if there is something I can check to see if it needs replacing or anything else I can try. Any help would be appreciated before I have to pay the £100 call out just for someone to come and look at it.

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Start at mains supply , do you have 240 volts ac ? Then transformer around 20 v ac , if that's ok then fuses on control panel , be careful as 240v can kill , if your not up to checking these safe.... Don't do it !

Hi, yes its 240v ac, I would turn the electricity off first. But what am I looking for and how would I know if these were faulty or needed replacing ?

Use multimeter to check voltage on transformer input and output.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that , I've just looked and I can buy an anologue pocket mulitmeter for £3.50, would that allow me to see if there was power going to the transformer and the 240v thing ? Also are they easy to use ?

They're very easy to use and even come with a little instruction book. Failing that, there's will be plenty of guides on the interweb. All you need to do is check the voltage across the input terminals, then across the output terminals to see if you have 240ish and 20ish volts, respectively. A £3.50 meter is more than adequate for this job.

Once again, exercise extreme caution when testing the 240V side, otherwise it might be the last thing you do.

A little tip for checking mains - once your meter is switched on and set to the correct range, put the black probe in the neutral terminal first and then put the red probe in the live and check your reading. Take the red probe away first and then the black one.

If you do it the other way round, the black probe becomes live and will zap anything it touches (deliberately or by mistake). As a general rule, especially if you're new at this game, always connect the live last and disconnect it first.

Hi I have worked out that I need to replace my transformer, I want to make sure I buy the correct one, but there are no words on it just the following

1TS5095

DB-EI57-3419A

06 07 230V

would anyone know from seeing this exactly what transformer I need to buy, or advise me the best place to look.

Thanks

What panel is it 500/600or 800 series plastic or metal Box ? May have one you can have.

Where would I look to find that ?

Do you mean the box outside on the wall or the one inside where the transformer is ?

Thanks

I have added a photo of the transformer, in my albums, I'm hoping you can see it, and hopefully it might help.

Thanks

May be a dull question but have you checked the mains fuse inside the panel, its located on the connector block shown in your picture? Just pull the little peg out and it will have a fuse on it.

Ok it's a 500 /600 series plastic , as you look at the transformer at the bottom the two orange wires come off the transformer you have checked for around 20 v ac ? Can send you a replacement if you need one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back