My hot water is luke warm and not hot enough

Sponsored Links
We need a bit more info

Combi boiler or tanked system?
Hot water lacking from taps or shower or both?
Type of shower?

Hi, it's a Vaillant combi boiler.

And yes the flame stays on while the hot tap is running.

The water is luke warm on all taps in the flat - shower, bathroom and kitchen.

I'm not sure if it affects anything but the temperature gage on the boiler reads 60°C and the pressure 1.5?

Here is an image of the shower

Thanks, really appreciate your help!

Sponsored Links
If you reduce the flow of hot water from the tap does the water get hotter?

Picture of boiler would help. Possibly diverter valve letting by on boiler or restriction inside boiler.

Hi yes when I reduce the flow of hot water it works!!!

Thanks!!!

What does this mean?

Here is the boiler...

[/img]

Turbomax. Lovely.

When you turn on a hot tap, does the light on the boiler with a tap symbol come on?

My guess is diverter valve passing. Good boiler. Worth repairing.

Hi, yes the tap light comes on when I run the hot water.

I had a new diverter valve fitted in March this year, along with some "pipework", all done by a plumber recommended by a friend...

Any further thoughts?

Do a gas rate on it. Google for instructions. It may be working perfectly and struggling in the cold weather

Do a gas rate on it. Google for instructions. It may be working perfectly and struggling in the cold weathrer

Hi, sorry what do you mean by gas rate? Can you send me a link?

The guy who fitted the diverter valve thinks I should descale the boiler, what do you think? Any idea of how I could do that?

Thanks,

Alex

Turn off all gas appliances except the boiler. Run hot water at full output. At gas meter record the amount of gas used over a 2 minute period if it is a digital meter, or if a dial type meter how long it takes for one revolution of the dial. Turn off hot water.
You now know how much gas is being used by the boiler. Compare this to the specification in the manual. Is it the same or similar?

Turn off all gas appliances except the boiler. Run hot water at full output. At gas meter record the amount of gas used over a 2 minute period if it is a digital meter, or if a dial type meter how long it takes for one revolution of the dial. Turn off hot water.
You now know how much gas is being used by the boiler. Compare this to the specification in the manual. Is it the same or similar?

Okay thanks, here is footage of my gas rate check...

http://www.alex.mastersofcreation.com/IMG_5376.mp4

Which manual should I compare this with? I don't think I have it!

What do you think after seeing this? This is 2 minutes with the hot water turned on full.

Thanks.

Hi, anyone got any suggestions on this as I'm getting tenants in soon and would like to get it fixed.

Thanks

It's coming out at 31 Kw Gross which is more of less fine.

Time to test the diverter....

With the left hand side flow pipe to the radiators cold open the hot tap. Feel the pipe say 300mm down from the boiler...does it get appreciably hot?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back