My hot water is luke warm and not hot enough

Sponsored Links
There's 5 pipes, I assume you mean the far left one in this image, yes it got appreciably hot when I turned the hot tap on. Not so much that I had to take my hand off it but not far off.

I assume I was feeling the correct pipe?

Diverter valve is passing.

There are servicing kits, but by the time you factor in all the knobbing around with bits you might as well get a new one - which is no where near as well made as the original.

If you think changing a tap is tricky, then a TurboMax diverter valve is not a job for you.

A Professional should get it done in an hour or so depending on access.

Hi Dan,

You'll see here that I had a diverter valve fitted only last year...

Are you saying I need to get a new one?

This can't be right...why would it pack in so soon?

Sponsored Links
Like I said - build quality is abysmal now.

Also - any shyte in the system will stop the internals from blocking off the rad circuit during hot water demand thus causing heat/energy to creep where it shouldn't.

This will also reduce the efficiency of the plate heat exchanger which is where your hot water is generated.

Ok, so what do you suggest at this stage. I mean it all works fine providing the taps aren't turned on fully. When turned on slightly, the hot water runs fine. Just how long will this last and do I wait for it to break or fix it now?

Just realised that we are approaching a year since my brother and I resuscitated his TurboMax whilst cooking Easter dinner, and being hammered of Leffe using a basic tool kit, and an inner tube pinched from my nephew's bike.

Repair lasted several months.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back