My House Renovation - Pics

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ah, fair enough! :LOL:

Many people dont do enough research, think they know it all, etc. Its only a bit of wood, wood's wood etc etc. You obviously know what you're doing :D

back-pedalling so fast his feet are a blur!
:LOL:

lol, I don't like tiles on bathroom floor....cold on the old feet! :D

I used the same heavy duty laminate in the lounge and hall because-

1. 20% off your first purchase at Homebase so I bought it all together and saved £100....which is nice

2. For the inevitable beer spillages....always thinking ;)

Just a tip, that blue stuff needs to come off the kitchen cabinets :LOL: :LOL:

Only joking, cracking effort there mate.

What kind of timescale has that been done over and were you living in the house at the time??

Ours was in a similar state when we moved in 18 months ago, so far done lounge, dining room, spare room, bathroom. Just finishing stairs & landing and main bedroom which only leaves box room and kitchen to do. Phew.

Like the phrase "it has to look worse before it starts to look better." Will use that on the wife next time she cringes as I'm knocking loose plaster off the walls!

Just a tip, that blue stuff needs to come off the kitchen cabinets :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: I once worked at a shop which had undergone a refit about 12 months previously. They had replaced the glass shelf edge risers (that stop stuff falling off - crisps and sweets etc) with plastic ones as part of the refit (H&S - kids swing on these). The plastic still had the blue protective film on it after a year. They thought they were meant to be blue. :LOL:

I'm always reluctant to take stuff like that off as I like to keep things looking new for as long as possible, even if that means not being able to see the new surface.

I need help I think!

I bet you still have the plastic wrap on your armchairs!

Not a good idea if the underside is cover with polythene, it gets condensation trapped in the fabric if it is a warm body and a chilly room.

Also mattresses if the polythene is left on the underside to keep it clean,

Nah, but I took the protective film off my mobile for the first time the other week (it's 10 months old.) and what did I do last weekend? Yup, dropped it and scratched the screen :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back