my laptop restart itself

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have sony laptop VGN-FS115S
when i am working on after 45 min or 1 hour the laptop restart itself. i have got karsersky internet security runing and i formatt the laptop. but the problem is still there. could you let me know what could be the problem.
thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Could be a heat issue, I know some motherboards will shut themselves down if they are getting too hot, if you have completely formatted the laptop and re-installed XP and it still does it then it's gotta be a hardware fault.

Get it looked at, at a PC repair shop.

thank you for you reply
i format the C drive. i did not format it completely. the C and D drive
do you thing i have to format it completely. because the operating system in the C drive so i did not format the D drive

When you are using the laptop, where is it sitting?
On a table, on a chair arm or where?

Basically what is underneath it and how much free space is there for air to circulate under it and around it.

Some people put a cushion on their laps so that they don't get too hot and then wonder why the laptop cooks.

dave

Sponsored Links
thank you for your reply
the laptop is on the table i put something under it for the air circulation. i put the pin under the laptop to gave abet more to breath. but it still restart after some time. i will put something thicker then the pin to see if the time of the restart is increase. i let you know

Sounds like it could be a heat issue. It most likely needs a good clean out from dust.

Hi
thank you all for your reply
you are right it was the heat issue. this time i put something thicker under it like 2 cm thick. it did not restar. but i did had good clean it inside the fan and all the visible dust about 4 months ago
thank you for your help and support.

Hi
i did had good clean it inside the fan and all the visible dust about 4 months ago

Yoiu would be surprised how much dust and dirt get into a laptop in four months. Dust builds up and static bonds it together.
Have another go at cleaning out the case interior and the fan.

Try a short piece of wood (the length of the back of the laptop and about 20mm x 20mm. Place it under the back edge of the laptop and this will tilt it towards the user slightly, but not really detract from the typing. It will allow plenty of air to circulate underneath it .

dave

down load a copy of speed fan (its free) you can keep an eye on the temps of the heat monitor sensors and see whats getting hot.

Sponsored Links
Back