my renult megane 1.6 has trouble to idle at start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new to this, my megane has trouble idling when first started and at junktions. also i dnt know if it is linked but is not firing on number 1 plug. any ideas because some times it will drive fine if i sit with my foot on the exalerater for at least 10 mins befor i start driving

Sponsored Links
The first thing you have to do is to sort out that misfire on no.1 cylinder.....each cylinder has its own pencil coil, and there's a good chance its that.
John :)

Yes and get it done ASAP as you wont be doing your engine or cat and good with a misfire.

Sponsored Links
thanks 4 the help with the miss fire all done, only thing wrong is the idling problem. tried new map sensor any ideas thanks tim

Its usually a fair bet to replace the coolant temperature sensor...the one that provides the engines ECU with information, not the one that works the temperature gauge.

no there aint any warning lights on, some times it runs fine! so very puzzled also with is the coolant temp sensor

Usually the CTS is located close to the thermostat housing on the cylinder head, but Kingboy D is the one to advise here.

also been readin up, and some people have been havin problems with the tdc sensor any ideas where this is

also been readin up, and some people have been havin problems with the tdc sensor any ideas where this is

Crank sensor is located in the gearbox bellhousing area towards the top. The connections in the plug can be dodgy as well as the sensor!

hay all thanks for the help with car, still havin probs with it, so think its time to get in the garage :( time to spend even more money

need to know where the idle control valve is and the coolant temprature senser is thank for the help again

Sponsored Links
Back