My Texecom 24 installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After much thought and advice received on this forum, I purchased a Texecom 24 with expander to replace my trusty old Securit 700l.

I wired everything up yesterday and did a little programming all the PIRs door contacts and PA's work on a walk test and all zones are secure under engineer utils.

I have not tried to arm it yet :p

a few things i could use a hand with please.

1, the Green LED in the Panel is flashing, manual says AC power fault but thats not it.
2, how do i get rid of the reset service messages that show up. Call Alarm co, Call engineer to reset system, call ARc etc.
3, It reports I have a tamper on the RKP, not sure how this is possible when the lid is on.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you have the wrong manual! Is this one of the newer Premier ELITE 24 panels? If so, do you have the latest manual (which I think is INS176-8 )?

area options 10 onwards as required for call engineer/ reset and futherdown 35/36/37 as required. the power led also indicates other things aswell so may not be power fault, what panel version is it ?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Guys.

I do have the wrong manual :oops:

Its a prem elite ver 2.01 so the green flashing is normal.

Unfortunately the relevant installation manual doesn't seem to be available, doh. I dont suppose someone could point me in the right direction for one please? I found one but it has lots of bits greyed out.

Sparkymarka I have managed to change the area options you suggested and that seems to have done the Call Alarm co, Call engineer to reset system, call ARc etc part.
RKP 1 is still reporting a tamper.

I will have another go later, Dinner is calling, well shouting actually.

Thanks

have you confirmed the devices ? did you alter the dip switch on the key pad ? check the microswitch on the back of the keypad.

and dont forget to alter the settings in user code as you wont be able to turn it off in alarm unless you have a fob, its called cust o/p 2b code untick on all code slots needed.

Sparkymarka I have confirmed the devices. The plug on expander and keypad, i didn't change the dip switch on the keypad as i only have 1 keypad so i left them all as off i.e. address 1

I will look into the user code bit tomorrow!

Thanks again for all your help!

Unfortunately the relevant installation manual doesn't seem to be available, doh. I dont suppose someone could point me in the right direction for one please? I found one but it has lots of bits greyed out.
Google search for INS176-8, select pages from the UK only. The first result found works for me and doesn't have any bits greyed out.

Google search for INS176-8, select pages from the UK only. The first result found works for me and doesn't have any bits greyed out.

Thanks mate, dont know how i missed it.

Other bits changed too, so thanks, no doubt i will be back :)

Chaps a couple of questions please.

Everything has been fine since the install, however at the weekend i changed the external sounder. All went fine.
However.
Since then on 2 out of the 3 times i have set the alarm zone 7 which is a door contact has caused the alarm to trigger. First thought was i must have caused a wire to loosen when poking about in the alarm unit, but on checking all wires seem secure, checked the door end all secure.
Any thoughts, is this a coincidence, has the contact gone faulty? Unlikely i am guessing.
Any other advice?

Cheers Worz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back