My tiler left me with this. How do i get it off ? pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Tiler finished these tiles today and now its all dried off it looks a tad unsightly.
The tiles are anti slip type, unsealed and rough to touch.
He has grouted them in and failed to remove all of the grout from the small pits of the tile.
Tonight i have tried the following to remove them.
Wire wool with warm soapy water- Toothbrush with soapy water, Toothbrush with thinners- Diluted DEB hand cleaner- Biological soap powder scrubbed in- Dishwasher tablets brushed in-Thinners with a nail brush- Stiff grout brush soaked in water and later on, thinners.
Its taken me 2 hours to do 20 squares and they look "slightly" better.
There are hundreds of tiles to do.
Any ideas how i can get these unsightly white marks off ?????
of=50,590,441

of=50,590,441

Sponsored Links
try a lithofin product called cement away, but dont get it all in the grout that you want to keep, it should get rid of unwanted mess without much problem

i use a pan brush, 50p or there abouts from tesco, i buy mine from local tile shop, lithofin is a pretty company so you should find one stockist near you. expect to pay around £20 for a small tin, but well worth it.

Sponsored Links
2 hrs later, one full run at all tiles has yielded a small return.
Some coming off ok, other bits won't budge.
Would a wire brush drill wheel damage the tiles ? or would it create a lot of mess ?
thinking out loud here

Would a wire brush drill wheel damage the tiles ? or would it create a lot of mess ?
thinking out loud here

We had a grout problem the other week and a stiff brush and Jays fluid got it off the state in the end but it takes a few scrubbing sessions to do.

thinking out loud here

without having the tiles to look at properly, apart from your pic that is, looks like a wire brush will damage them, just need a little more elbow grease fella!

It's virtually impossible to put that sort of tile up without that happening. Most people fix them that way by design (especially travertine tiles). If you don't like that look you should have gone for a different choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back