myson SD53 central heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am new to this site. my central heating seems to be working ok all radiators getting hot even if it seems to take longer than normal. i felt the pump and its very hot. though its not much hotter than the feed outlet. ive tried listening through a screw driver to the sound and i can hear a buzzing sound . on the front of the pump it says unscrew central knob which is hexagon shape pull to locate in shaft and rotate screw knob back in before starting. i know i have to switch pump off but the isolation valve either side wont close. can i check if the pump is stuck without doing this. paul

Sponsored Links
If the radiators are all getting hot the pump must be running and I'd be inclined to leave well alone. The pump will naturally get pretty hot and if it ever packs in you will have cold radiators and a very unhappy boiler. :)

To answer your question properly, you should be able to unscrew the hex nut without closing the isolating valves and with only a trickle of water coming out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back