Nail gun or hammer for picket fencing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a fair amount of picket style fencing to complete in the next few days. Currently built all the frame (posts and rails) and now need to attach nearly 200 pales. To stop twisting, I had assumed two nails per rail for each pale, so that is 4 nails a pale. Adds up quickly. I had planed on using a good old hammer and some 40mm galv nails. Must say that the standard galv nails do have rather large heads that I wasn’t so keen on.

Beginning on wondering whether a nail gun will be easier? Does this sound reasonable? Would go straight through a pale would it? If so, can anyone advise on the correct nails, do you get smaller heads to use with nail guns?

Sponsored Links
Nail gun comes with "special" nails. Worth their weight in gold , saves lots of time and more importantly stops you knocking seven bells out of the fencing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back