Name my roof tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me to save a trip up the ladder what roof tiles and colour I have on?
I think they are marley double Romans but not sure on colour?
Also I have a 17.5 degree pitch on a small extension roof and looking to match the tiles as on main roof but led to believe the marley double Romans have a min pitch of 22.5 so what would be the best colour match in the redland 50 Romans as they allow a min pitch of 17.5.
Or anothe option someone has suggested is to go for marley mendips as look very similar and can match the colur more acurate? How similar do they look?
Or if we went for the marley double Romans and risk it being we have 17.5 and their min is 22.5 will we find ourselves in bother? Most importantly is the roof is part of our extension and will the bco be checking our roof tiles and pitch to ensure we have the right ones for the right pitch? Or will this not be part of the inspection regime??

Help appreciated guys!

Sponsored Links
Many bco's are fussy about roof tiles and relevant pitches so picking up incorrect pitch v's inappropriate tiles is likely.

Mendips (wavy profile) and double romans (double roll profile) will both go down to a minimum pitch of 22.5 degrees with 100mm headlap and only on smooth products, i.e. not granular.

From my reading on the marley site it's says mendip as low as 15 (smooth is what we require) question is really how similar do they look to the Romans and is the colour match on the Redlands vs marley Romans way out?
Have ruled out the marley Romans now then as they are min of 22.5 and we only have 17.5 to work with here

Anyone fancy a stab at the colour of my existing roof? And if the Redlands equivilant would colour match or not?

Sponsored Links
Colour looks to be "old english dark red" (marley colour) doesnt look like a redland colour which would be "farmhouse", sandtoft do a "rustic" colour which is a possibility.
Feel free to email me closer pics and i can identify easier, [email protected] [/youtube]

Hi Graeme,

I think you are right on the old English dark red, hadn't seen the sandtoft range, would you say the rustic is a near match in terms of colour? Looking through some images of them on the web and looking promising

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back