Need advice on Accenta 8 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I am wondering who can help me here. Basically I have an alarm system in my house I haven't got a clue how to use. We bought the house 2 years ago and we don't have pin numbers or anything.

We have had some instances where our power has been cut off and when it does the alarm goes off. Now when I turn the red switch off near the alarm box, the alarm stays on, when I turn the switch back on, the alarm will go off in 5 mins.

Now I have two questions.

1. In the event that the alarm goes off during the power cut, how do I turn the alarm off manually without having to wait for it to turn off by itself?

2. How do I just turn the whole thing off? The power to it and everything.

I have provided pictures in my album, please have a look I have taken pictures of the switch I am referring to and the box that is next to it. I searched on the internet, there is no number for Accenta or manufacturers numbers or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Hits

Sponsored Links
Have you tried 0123 for code ? Best bet is get a local company to replace battery, service and reprogram would guess sub £100

I know the battery needs replacing, who do I get to do this? An electrician, independent alarms company?

Also how do I just power down the whole thing? There is a box with a screw in it next to the red light switch. If I unscrew it will it open up the cover? Is there like a plug inside or something that just disconnects the whole thing?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean switched fuse spur ? Take out the fuse then the battery inside the panel , if the outside bell rings it MAY stop after 20mins DEPENDING on bellbox,it may not ! So you will require ladders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back