Need advice to join conservatory to flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a conservatory and, as the photos below show, we have a dodgy joint of the roof with an existing flat roof. The latter has that bituminous felt and the photos show gaps and a first attempt to put silicone in the joint, which I doubt will be enough. Should we add roof felt across the joint, glued to both the conservatory and flat roof ends? The photos show a piece of felt that we kept from the portion of the flat roof that we removed to install the conservatory. Also the conservatory roof slopes down whilst the flat roof does not have a slope.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You had no replies, so what did you end up doing?
I have exactly the same situation except the flat roof is the neighbors so I need to make sure whatever I use isnt going to impact their roof. I'm considering a self adhesive flashing strip.
cheers

The obvious thing would have not to have not to have impinged on your neighbours roof then you would not need a bodge up, thats the reason noboby answered the post.

Are both the roofs yours, ?
It can be done neatly with some torch on cap sheet/felt, stuck to the plastic trim and onto existing shed roof.

Sponsored Links
I don't know where people got the idea that that was the neighbour's roof, even less why people would not reply if that was the case :?:

It is my own roof. I was not going to use the torch thing on the UPVC of the conservatory, for obvious reasons. So, to answer my own question, I bought felt and used the type that you can fix with an adhesive as sold by B&Q

BTW, what is a bodge up, in this case?

I think you can help a lot more by not answering at all, catlad

I think everyone is helping a lot!:cool:

You should have engineered an upstand where the two roofs meet, one higher than the other, then a proper flashing could have been installed, anything else is a bodge. So you'll have to bodge it as cotswoldbuilders has suggested, nowt else can be done now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back